Thursday, February 12, 2009

Icook ...

Yea... hahaha.. sounds like some cheap made-for-ipod gadget from the Weizhuaning-ish province in China, no? Well... no, its just me... on my first attempt at the kitchen.

It must have more than 13 years ... easy to remember coz the last time my finger touched the wok was really the time I burned the midnight oil for the SPM exams. 

So with much enthusiam, I headed to Cold Storage (not just any kedai runcit k .. ahem) in Solaris Mont Kiara. Nice supermarket, partly due to the fact that I had a worked for them moons ago but mainly due to the fact the store is cool, neat and easy to move around. less some screaming kids and their equally loud mother, it could well be a perfect place to immerse yourself and let loose and relax as you move from aisle to aisle. Dont ask me how and why, it does for me. So, managed to get quite a number of foodstuff (from what is supposed to be a basic fried rice :p ) 

Story short ... it didnt turn out to be what I expected (taste wise at least) though I wasnt expecting the moon. But it was after all, it was worth it, didn't take much of my time, nor was it hot, cleaning up was short ... just to see filled tummy and a glee ... from the baby.       

2 comments:

drownedglass said...

Aaw.. cooking for someone is always worth it :)

Unknown said...

watching too much Asian Food Channel liao too and inspired by someone's blog ... :P